Thursday, July 25, 2013

Papertrey Ink July Blog Hop Challenge #2

Well, I just HAD to do one more card.  I told you this could be addicting!  Here is the color inspiration that I chose this time around:

Here is my card:


There a couple little tricks that I learned while making this card.  The negative flower images and the stamped sentiment needs to be done BEFORE putting into your embossing folder.  Its pretty obvious that it would be difficult to stamp over "bumps", but not-so-obvious about when to die cut the negative flowers.    I found out by accident that if you emboss the background first and then cut out the negative flowers, some of the bumps flatten, leaving a much less flattering look.

Also, AFTER taking this photo, I thought that the black centers of the flowers need a "little something", so I colored them with some clear Wink of Stella.  It gave it a little glittery POOF and colored me Happy!

Supplies Used:  Papertrey Ink:  Beautiful Blooms II and coordinating flower dies,  Scarlet Jewel, Aqua Mist, Summer Sunrise, Pure Poppy and New Leaf inks, Simon Says Stamp: For The Record stamp set and a Cuttlebug Embossing folder

Enjoy your day!  See you next time!

8 comments:

  1. Oh the things we learn with time... and happy accidents! Love this one too, donna. Reminds me of an Ikea print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though you had a few trials, your card turned out great...I love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fun design and how you incorporated the colors! Terrific card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna both of your card are so lovely! So glad that you played along at the Blog Hop, this is such a fun monthly event. Enjoy becoming a challenge junkie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea using the negative dies just a tad bigger than your stamped flowers. Can relate to your embossing flattening out once you die cut (duh). Wasn't it a fun Blog Hop & challenge?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love your cards! Thanks for showing me your blog, I'll put it in my favourites! Have a nice day :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute - thanks so much for the tip about embossing first! Good reminder!

    ReplyDelete

//